|Environment & Technologies (Software as a Service )|
|Web Server: Apache 2.X|
|Language : Jquery, HTML, CSS|
|official site: http://edusensenote.com/|
Many of Opensource Developers and communities are created their Applications with very planned and standardise way. Especially which I am listing on my website. You need not aware of specific technologies (PHP, JAVA, ROR) to make these applications to up and running.
Yes! you no need to be expert to make these applications up and running. Just you need to purchase some space in some of the famous hosting providers. Some of them which I am using is as follows.
But if you are not very sure and having confusion to spend money before making your hands dirty and very first time playing with these things then you can go with ServersFree.com where I started my journey on HTML and PHP applications. In this server, you can deploy your first website with 0 cost and Hostinger also providing the free plan for your first website.
You can install open source application/websites by using following procedures.
- Installing website by uploading the file
- Installing website by pulling it from GIT.
- Using Auto Installer provided by your hosting provider.
Whenever you are creating the Hosting account you need to do some configuration related to your website.
- Creating your account by adding your domain, for example, consider it as www.psoft.co.in or Your hosting provider may give you free domain on the purchase of Hosting account or One free subdomain for testing.
- Once you added your domain, hosting provider will give you multiple options for website creation, in that one option, is you can upload your files to your hosting account by using upload facility with multiple choices.
- Screen with browse and upload button (if you are very new, go with this option).
- FTP access (you can use Filezilla to connect and upload your files).
- SSH access ( a Putty tool to connect and upload files and this is advanced level and you need some level of experts in commands to do this).
- Screen with Upload option is very similar like you are attaching the file in your Gmail account. Just click the browse button and select the file from your local system and upload it and your website is ready.
- FTP you can use FileZilla where you can move files from Your local desktop to server by just drag and drop procedure.
- SSH upload is little complex and needs to have an idea on Unix commands to use this facility. But if you are an advanced developer then the best and secure option is SSH.
another beautiful way of installing open source website is from Github. To do this you need to have some basic understanding on source repositories and the way to interact with repositories. It is a storage place for your source code where you can share and manage the code and almost all the open source applications are available in Github Repositories for example
- Magento 1.9 path (http://github.com/engineyard/magento-ce-1.9).
- WordPress Path (https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress).
All the hosting providers will allow you to get the open source application from Github. you just need to pull the data from Github using SSH access from control panel provided by Hosting provider. Once you get the files in your hosting you can use this website for further configuration.
This is very, very simple way to install your open source Application which is provided by almost all hosting providers.
Almost all hosting providers will provide you with the most famous open source Applications list and you can select and proceed with installation by just clicking the link install by providing some basic information like admin user details and Application name and then your application is ready with Application and Database and all necessary tools which you need to customise this particular application. In this website almost 50% application installed using Autoinstaller.